United Daughters of the Confederacy®
UDC Membership Information
For more information on joining UDC please contact our Membership Chairman Sandi Sprawls
Membership is open to women no less than 16 years of age who
are blood descendants, lineal or collateral, of men and women who served honorably
in the Army, Navy or Civil Service of the Confederate States of America, or
gave Material Aid to the Cause.
Required Proof of Eligibility
Proof of ancestor's honorable service to the Confederate States of America is required. They may be obtained upon request from one of the following sources:
- UDC Business Office: From military service records compiled from registered UDC applications and National Archives Compiled Confederate Service Records, upon request of UDC Chapter Registrar and payment of research fee. Click HERE for more information.
- Limited confederate pension records are also available from the UDC Business Office for a fee. (Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Missouri, South Carolina, and Tennessee only). Click HERE for more information.
- Digital images of actual Confederate Pension Applications, and service records can also be found online at Ancestry.com (Paid subscription required).
- Confederate Records and pension applications can be obtained from your State Department of Archives and History (see resources below).
- Military service records can be obtained from the National Archives and Records Service, 8th and Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20408. Standard Form 180
- Confederate Military Service Records are available online at Fold3.com (Paid subscription required)
(Note: Data from a tombstone is not acceptable as proof of military service but may be used as proof of birth and death dates. Proof of applicant's relation to Confederate ancestor must be established through birth, marriage, and death certificates. Lineage information obtained from Ancestry.com or Rootsweb.com or any other genealogical website or written personal family history is not an acceptable source of proof. We must have copies of original source documents such as a birth certificate, death certificate, and in some cases marriage certificate or divorce papers. Books or websites with lists of soldiers is not acceptable as proof of service. We must have copies of original source documents, such as muster rolls, enlistment records, discharge records, parole records, prisoner exchange records, pension applications, etc. They can be copied from microfilm or digital images downloaded online.)
For more resources visit our resource page at http://www.txudc.org/resources.html
UDC Business Office
328 North Boulevard
Richmond, VA 23220-4009
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday - Friday
9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST